- Email: Enter the complete email address.
- Username: Enter the complete email address.
- Password: The password for the Exchange account.
- Description: A descriptive title that identifies this group of settings.
Note: Optionally you can enter the Domain. Please ask your Click engineer for this information.
Note for older iPhone versions: If you have iPhone 2.0 or earlier, you need to use the formatDomainUsername in the Username field, and leave the Domain field blank. We recommend updating to the latest version of the iPhone operating system.
- The device will try to configure the Exchange server address automatically. The iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch support Microsoft’s Autodiscovery service, which uses your username and password to determine the address of the front-end Exchange server.
- If the server address can’t be determined, you will be asked to enter it.
- Please ask your Click engineer for this information
- After the Exchange account is successfully configured, the server’s passcode policies are enforced. If the current passcode doesn’t comply with the Exchange ActiveSync policies, you will be prompted to change or set the passcode. The device won’t communicate with the Exchange server until a compliant passcode is set.
- Next, the device offers to immediately sync with the Exchange server. If you choose not to sync at this time, you can turn on calendar and contact syncing later in Settings > Mail, Contacts, and Calendars.
- By default, Exchange ActiveSync pushes new data to your device as it arrives on the server. If you prefer to fetch new data on a schedule or to only pull new data manually, go to Settings > Fetch New Data to change the settings.
- To change how many day’s worth of data is synced to your device, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, and Calendars. The default setting is three days.
- By default, the iPhone enables the Always BCC Myself setting. This means you will receive all messages sent from your iPhone in your Inbox. If you want to change this setting, navigate to Settings > Mail, Contacts, and Calendars > Always BCC Myself.
- To complete the setup process, tap Save and wait for the iPhone to test your incoming and outgoing mail settings and connect to your mailbox.
- Folder management
- Opening links in email to documents stored on Sharepoint servers
- Task synchronization
- Setting an “out of office” autoreply message
- Creating meeting invitations
- Flagging messages for follow-up
Please note that not all Exchange features are supported. For example, the following features are not available: