Connecting to Sonicwall SSL VPN from a Windows computer
Before you start…:
- Make sure you remove any existing “Dell VPN” or “SonicWALL” or “NetExtender” VPN software on your computer, before proceeding!
- Some programs can be “Sonicwall Global VPN connection” or “Dell Sonicwall NetExtender” etc.
- REBOOT YOUR COMPUTER!!!
- On your “remote” (or “home”) Windows computer, download and run the Sonicwall VPN program from this link…
- Run the program and accept all defaults. No need to change any settings. this will take a few moments to complete.
- Once the installation is completed, you will see a new icon on your desktop and the task bar (by the clock):
- IMPORTANT- you must reboot your home computer at this point, in order to be able to use the new VPN software.
This is all you needed to do, to install the Sonicwall NetExtender VPN software!
Next, we’ll explain how to use it from this point on, when you want to connect to our cloud server:
- Double-click on the new NetExtender icon, and the NetExtender window will pop up.
- You will be asked for your credentials:
- The server address is https://hosted.legaltechnology.solutions:4433
- The username is usually your first name and your last name, separated by a period. for example: John.Smith
- The domain is ccshosted.local
- If you are not sure what your username or password is, please contact us…
- Click on CONNECT …
- You will see a popup with “security alert” on the title. choose ALWAYS TRUST.
- From this point, simply click on the new NetExtender icon so the VPN connection is established, then- connect to your office computer using REMOTE DESKTOP (RDP) program.