windows 7 and 8 SonicWALL VPN setup instructions
Before you start…:
- These are NOT the instructions for Windows 10 users. IF your home computer runs Windows 10, please follow THESE instructions instead.
- Make sure you remove any existing “Dell” or “SonicWALL” VPN software on your computer, before proceeding!
- Some programs can be “Sonicwall Global VPN connection” or “Dell Sonicwall NetExtender” etc.
- REBOOT YOUR COMPUTER!!!
- Run the program and accept all defaults. No need to change any settings. this will take a few moments to complete.
- Once the installation is completed, you will see a new icon on your desktop and the taskbar (by the clock):
- IMPORTANT- you must reboot your home computer at this point, in order to be able to use the new VPN software!
- Double-click on this icon, and the NetExtender window will pop up.
- You will be asked for your credentials:
- Server should be: office.roselawgroup.com
- Username: same username you are using at your office PC
- Password: same password that you use to log in to your PC at your office
- Domain: roselaw
- Once you enter the info, click on CONNECT …
- From this point, each time you want to connect to your office PC, you will need to run the Dell Sonicwall NetExtender as shown above, in order to allow your HOME computer to access the OFFICE network.
Once your VPN connection is established, you can connect to your office computer using REMOTE DESKTOP (RDP) program.